Metronidazole 250 mg tablets 24
Women's clothing size
With your arms relaxed at your sides, measure around the fullest part of your chest.
Measure around the narrowest part of your natural waist, generally around the belly button. To ensure a comfortable fit, keep one finger between the measuring tape and your body.
|active ingredient||1 tab.|
Excipients: potato starch, stearic acid, talc.
Antiprotozoal and antimicrobial drug, a derivative of 5-nitroimidazole. The mechanism of action is the biochemical reduction of the 5-nitro group of intracellular transport proteins of anaerobic microorganisms and protozoa. The reduced 5-nitro group interacts with the DNA of the cell of microorganisms, inhibiting the synthesis of their nucleic acids, which leads to death of bacteria.
It is active against Trichomonas vaginalis, Entamoeba histolytica, as well as the obligate anaerobes Bacteroides spp. (including Bacteroides fragilis, Bacteroides distasonis, Bacteroides ovatus, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, Bacteroides vulgatus), Fusobacterium spp., some gram-positive microorganisms (Eubacterium spp., Clostridium spp., Peptococcus niger, Peptostreptococcus spp.).
The minimum suppressive concentration for these strains is 0.125-6.25 μg/ml.
In combination with amoxicillin, it is active against Helicobacter pylori (amoxicillin inhibits the development of resistance to metronidazole).
Aerobic microorganisms and facultative anaerobes are insensitive to metronidazole, but in the presence of mixed flora (aerobes and anaerobes), metronidazole acts synergistically with antibiotics effective against conventional aerobes.
Increases the sensitivity of tumors to radiation, causes sensitization to alcohol (disulfiram-like action).Pharmacokinetics
After intravaginal administration, it undergoes systemic absorption (about 56%). The relative bioavailability of metronidazole in the form of vaginal gel is 2 times higher than the bioavailability of vaginal tablets in a single dose of 500 mg. CMax when using vaginal gel is 237 ng / ml and is achieved after 6-12 hours.
Binding to plasma proteins is less than 20%. Metronidazole penetrates into most tissues of the body, through the BBB and the placental barrier. It is excreted in breast milk.
It is metabolized in the liver by hydroxylation, oxidation and glucuronation. The activity of the main metabolite (2-oximetronidazole) is 30% of the activity of the parent compound.
When taking metronidazole in dosage form for systemic use, 60-80% dose is excreted by the kidneys (20% of this amount - unchanged), through the intestine - 6-15%.
Indications for use
- protozoal infections (extraintestinal amebiasis /including liver abscess/, intestinal amebiasis, trichomoniasis, balantidiasis, giardiasis (giardiasis), cutaneous leishmaniasis, trichomonas vaginitis, trichomonas urethritis);
- infections caused by Bacteroides spp., incl. Bacteroides fragilis, Bacteroides distasonis, Bacteroides ovatus, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, Bacteroides vulgatus (infections of bones and joints, CNS infections /including meningitis, brain abscess/, bacterial endocarditis, pneumonia, empyema and lung abscess);
- infections caused by Bacteroides spp. (including Bacteroides fragilis), Clostridium spp., Peptococcus spp., Peptostreptococcus spp. (abdominal infections /peritonitis, liver abscess/, pelvic infections/endometritis, endomyometritis, abscess of the fallopian tubes and ovaries, infection of the vaginal vault after surgery / infection of the skin and soft tissues);
- sepsis caused by Bacteroides spp. (including Bacteroides fragilis) and Clostridium spp.;
- pseudomembranous colitis (associated with the use of antibiotics);
- gastritis or duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori;
- as a radiosensitizing agent in radiation therapy (in cases where tumor resistance is due to hypoxia in tumor cells);
- prevention of postoperative infections (especially after operations on the colon, perirrectal region, appendectomy, gynecological interventions).
- leukopenia (including in the anamnesis);
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Violations coordination of movements,
- organic lesions of the central nervous system (including epilepsy);
- hepatic insufficiency (if prescribed in high doses);
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- lactation period;
- hypersensitivity to nitroimidazole derivatives.
Use with caution in the II and III trimesters of pregnancy.
Dosage and Administration
With amebiasis, Metronidazole is prescribed orally to adults for 7 days, 1.5 g per day in 3 doses;
children 30-40 mg / kg per day, also in 3 doses
With giardiasis, the drug is prescribed for 5 days - adults 750-1000 mg per day, children 2-5 years old 250 mg per day, children 5-10 years old - 375 mg per day, children 10-15 years old - 500 mg per day. Take after meals 2-3 times a day.
With trichomoniasis in women (urethritis and vaginitis)Metronidazole is prescribed once in a dose of 2 g or in the form of a course of treatment for 10 days: 1 tablet (250 mg) 2 times a day. In parallel with oral administration, 1 vaginal suppository or vaginal tablet containing 250 mg of metronidazole is prescribed in the evening.
To exclude possible reinfection, it is necessary to treat sexual partners simultaneously.
The course of treatment is repeated if necessary after 4-6 weeks.
With trichomoniasis in men (urethritis), Metronidazole is prescribed once in a dose of 2 g or as a course of treatment for 10 days, 1 tablet (250 mg) 2 times a day.
For nonspecific vaginitis, 500 mg of Metronidazole is used 2 times a day for 7 days.
In the treatment of anaerobic infections, adults are prescribed Metronidazole 1-1.5 g per day,
children - at the rate of 20-30 mg / kg per day.
Allergic reactions: urticaria, skin rash.
Local reactions: burning sensation or irritation of the penis in the sexual partner, burning sensation or frequent urination, vulvitis (itching, burning pain or hyperemia of the mucous membrane in the external genital area). After discontinuation of the drug, the development of vaginal candidiasis is possible.
Systemic reactions: possible changes in taste, including a "metallic" taste, dizziness, headache, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, spastic abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, dark urine staining, leukopenia or leukocytosis.
In a dark place, at room temperature; do not freeze.
Keep out of reach of children.
- Dosage form
- 250 mg
- Number of tablets
- INN Russian