Mezim forte tablets 20
Women's clothing size
With your arms relaxed at your sides, measure around the fullest part of your chest.
Measure around the narrowest part of your natural waist, generally around the belly button. To ensure a comfortable fit, keep one finger between the measuring tape and your body.
1 tablet contains:
Active substances: pancreatin with minimal enzymatic activity: lipase 3500 IU Ph.Eur; amylase 4200 IU Ph.Eur; proteases 250 IU Ph.Eur.
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethyl starch (type A), silicon dioxide colloidal, magnesium stearate.
Shell composition: talc, hypromellose, azorubin varnish (E122), simethicone emulsion 30% (dry weight), polyacrylate dispersion 30% (dry weight), titanium dioxide (E171), macrogol 6000.
Pancreatin is a powder from the pancreas of pigs. Pancreatic enzymes that make up pancreatin have a proteolytic, amylolytic and lipolytic effect and contribute to the breakdown of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, improve the functional state of the gastrointestinal tract, normalize the processes of digestion.
Mezim tablets are coated with an acid-resistant coating that does not dissolve under the action of hydrochloric acid of the stomach and, thereby, protects the enzymes contained in the preparation from inactivation. Dissolution of the shell and release of enzymes occurs at pH values close to neutral or slightly alkaline.
Indications for use
- Insufficiency of the exocrine function of the pancreas, (chronic pancreatitis, cystic fibrosis);
- chronic inflammatory-dystrophic diseases of the stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder. Conditions after resection or irradiation of these organs, accompanied by impaired digestion of poverty, flatulence, diarrhea (as part of combination therapy);
- to improve digestion, write in patients with normal gastrointestinal function in case of errors in nutrition;
- preparation for X-ray and ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- acute pancreatitis or chronic pancreatitis in the acute stage. Nevertheless, the appointment is acceptable in the phase of fading exacerbation with the expansion of the diet, if there are signs of digestive disorders;
- hereditary galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- children's age up to 3 years (for this dosage form).
Dosage and Administration
The dose is determined individually depending on the degree of digestive disorders.
- Adults: 1-2 tab. before eating, without chewing and drinking water. If necessary, additionally during meals take another 1-4 tab.
- In children: the drug is used as prescribed by a doctor.
The duration of treatment can vary from several days (in case of disruption of the digestive process due to errors in the diet) to several months or years (if necessary, constant replacement therapy).
Allergic reactions are possible, with prolonged use in high doses, the development of hyperuricosuria is possible.
With cystic fibrosis, in case of exceeding the required dose of pancreatin, the development of strictures (fibrous colononatia) in the ileocecal region and in the ascending colon is possible.
Keep out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
- Dosage form
- Number of tablets
- INN Russian
- Russian title